Video Interview: Robbie Coltrane Talks Flying Bike Scene for "Deathly Hallows"

DH Film
October 28, 2008, 09:07 PM

Actor Robbie Coltrane (Hagrid) has given a few new interviews while attending the London Film Festival for the screening of his latest movie, The Brothers Bloom. Empire Online has a brief video interview at this festival where he briefly mentions the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movies. In the interview (approx 2:42 in) reflects on completing the series, and also says he has some fight scenes coming up, and is looking forward to his stunt scene on the flying bike, a Triumph 500. Please note at the beginning of the video you can see a short clip with actor Ralph Fiennes (Lord Voldemort) where he discusses some of the many films and great directors he has worked with in his career.

A print interview has also surfaced with Robbie Coltrane where he addresses the filming schedule for the two Deathly Hallows films. Speaking with the BBC, Robbie Coltrane confirmed again that filming begins in February of next year and that "There's going to be downtime between film one and two. You know, they're shooting it in two parts, so there'll be a week or two in the middle." The piece continued:

Each Harry Potter film seems to get bigger and bigger.

Robbie Coltrane: They were always written as another year in the children's lives and they're 17 now of course. So life has changed for them.

Romance is in the air. The threats get more and more threatening as his powers and knowledge and all of their powers and magic get stronger. They have to up the anti. The books are like that, that's the way they're written.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Natalie

Ooh I can’t WAIT untl they start filming :D

Posted by Natalie on October 28, 2008, 09:11 PM report to moderator
Moody One

Hagrid on a flying motorcycle. I can’t wait!

Posted by Moody One on October 28, 2008, 09:24 PM report to moderator
Anonymous

I’m really glad they aren’t cutting out the flying motorcycle. I wasn’t really worried, but you never know…

Posted by Anonymous on October 28, 2008, 09:28 PM report to moderator
HPfan

ok, i have some questios, i posted them in the other sections of the trailers but i guess has read them. Where professore mcgonnigal and all the students are out, is that that one end scene after they see dumbledorel body? If so, why is neville, hermione and ron have no scracthes on them from the attacks? Is this an indication that the battle scene is cut from the movie? thank you in advamce for any thoughts on my questions.

Posted by HPfan on October 28, 2008, 09:35 PM report to moderator
Moody One

To HPfan…I don’t really know. I really hope that they have the battle scene in Hogwarts. But you never know, they could completely mess up the movie and leave it out.

Posted by Moody One on October 28, 2008, 10:00 PM report to moderator
HPfan

Moody One. I know that is my fear that can totally mess up the movies at the end, which needs to be part of the movie especially to demonstrate that anger of harry towards snape as he runs pass ginny etc trying catch up to snape. Any other ideas?

Posted by HPfan on October 28, 2008, 10:07 PM report to moderator
Lionpaws

Cool. That was an awesome scene in the book I can’t wait to see it on film.

As for the trailer, the students did seem to be congregated around something/someone. I don’t know if they have cut out the fight scene. Can anyone remember if that was mentioned on the movie previews people posted a while back ago?

Posted by Lionpaws on October 28, 2008, 10:14 PM report to moderator
Louise

HPfan-there was an interview a little while back with one of the producers, I think it was Heyman but I am not positive, and he said the battle was cut because there is a battle at Hogwarts in 7 -something about not needing this one because of the one in 7 (a load of bull to me but whatever). I guess there might be a toned down one we really don’t see it kind of thing going on and they focus on Harry running after Draco and Snape instead.

Posted by Louise on October 28, 2008, 10:19 PM report to moderator
decarus

I was afraid that the multiple harry’s and hagrid on the bike scene would be cut too. I am glad to hear that there is hope of it.

I think that the battle at the end of HBP is cut. Harry sees dumbledore get killed and then all of the death eaters just walk out through the great hall. The DA is not involved in any way in the scene. Harry chases them then. The death eaters catch hagrid’s hut on fire and then harry and snape have a moment. Snape sends the death eaters on their way. There is no battle between the DA and the order members against the death eaters. At least there wasn’t in the pre-screening.

Posted by decarus on October 28, 2008, 11:04 PM report to moderator
HPfan

Thanks Louise & Decarus for your comments. Louise, I agree it is a lot of bull that Heyman says that and they actually do it. At the same time they should give us fans the battle scene now that we have to wait till july after we where told and was marketed to be out in november. I would also think that the battle scene is also good for the wb for marketing to attract new people and maintain those that only see the movies.

Posted by HPfan on October 28, 2008, 11:28 PM report to moderator
ridikulousperson

everybody needs to FOR ONCE UNDERSTAND THAT THE REASON WHY THEY DIVIDED THE LAST MOVIE INTO TWO IS BECAUSE THEY WOULD INVOLVE ALL THE CRITICAL SCENES IN THE MOVIES AND MAKE THEM THE BEST 2 PART MOVIES OF ALL!!!!! not just so they would make more money…They know that if they involve all the important scenes, they will make MUCH more money. SO I’M PRETTY CONFIDENT THAT THE FLYING MOTORCYCLE SCENE WILL BE IN IT AND OTHER SCENES TOoooo. gosh….

oh, yeah I CAN’t WAIT FOR THE MOVIES WOO!! 2 years though…sad

Posted by ridikulousperson on October 28, 2008, 11:29 PM report to moderator
Moody One

Your welcome HPfan. I just wonder if they have all of the special effects done by now. Melissa said that it was mostly green screen during the death scene of Dumbledore. I know I’m wishing, but what if the date wasn’t wrong on the teaser trailer? What if they have it done and are releasing and Christmas? OMG! I think I would have a nervous breakdown! I know I’m living in a fantasy land. lol WB screwed us over by pushing back the date until freakin July. I hope it’s at Christmas. Again, I’m delusional!

Posted by Moody One on October 28, 2008, 11:42 PM report to moderator
Sherry

I can’t wait to see Hagrid on the bike again! That scene should be absolutely AWESOME! And I’m sad to hear that the DA scene was cut. It left such a warm feeling seeing the few who were loyal to Harry, who kept those magical medallions so near and dear, show up for the fight! Not to mention the “YES!!” most of us were feeling when they came to the aid. I agree, that the future Gryffandors, Ravenclaws, Hufflepuffs and yes even a Slytherin or two who see the movie might say “Wow! That was awesome! I wonder what’s in the books?”
Oh well, since they (WB’s) have pushed that date to 2009 (although I’m hoping that “leaked” clip means that it will really be 2008) will have time to add it.
Keeping my fingers crossed but not holding my breath.

Posted by Sherry on October 29, 2008, 12:50 AM report to moderator
Martha

“I don’t know if they have cut out the fight scene. Can anyone remember if that was mentioned on the movie previews people posted a while back ago?”

Yeah, they said the fight scene was cut entirely. Snape just kills Dumbledore and then Harry chases after him and Draco, but there is no actual fight with the DEs, at least that’s what the person who saw it said. And they said that the end scene was everyone surrounding Dumbledore’s corpse with their wands lit in tribute or something like that, since they cut Dumbledore’s funeral also. I still want to see the movie now though and am still praying that they’ll have mercy on us and release it earlier, even though I know they won’t. Oh, well. I guess I just need to get a life.

Posted by Martha on October 29, 2008, 01:20 AM report to moderator
ravenclawguy1972

glad to hear the 7 harrys and the flight and flight is in DH, as for the fighting at Hogwarts in HBP i think they will imply something like it happened, even if it isn’t shown, could be wrong on this, but what decarus said it sounds plausible that is what they were going for or something along those lines . Im still very disappointed they completely cut dumbledore’s funeral, they could have at least had the last scene of the movie end in showing the White Tomb and fade out from there as it would establish its existantance for those who have not read the books, as it plays an important role in DH .

I seriously doubt they would change the release date a second time, and honestly as much as i want to see it as soon asi can i have already begun to lay my plans for july as many others have I am sure

Posted by ravenclawguy1972 on October 29, 2008, 02:59 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"I hear you're a useful player. I was a Seeker, too. I was asked to try for the National Squad, but preferred to dedicate my life to the eradication of the Dark Forces. Still, if ever you feel the need for a little private training, don't hesitate to ask.