New "Destination Hogwarts" Game Due for UK

Products
October 28, 2008, 10:26 AM

A new game involving the world of Harry Potter is being released for those living in the UK. The Telegraph is reporting today that a board game called "Destination Hogwarts" is due to be launched later this week, created by a woman who was once a cabbie in London. The original version of the board game was created by Rachel Lowe and " involves collecting fares to famous places and avoiding traffic lights and speeding fines...The £19.99 Hogwarts edition, featuring places in the Potter books, is being launched at a Halloween event and shops expect to sell at least 50,000 copies before Christmas."

You can see a photo of the game with the creator, here. According to the game website, this product is not currently available to ship for those outside the UK. While details on what is involved with the Hogwarts game are not yet online, if anyone has this game, please send in your photos and report and we will add to the post!

Thanks for the heads up Shannon.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Products News

MuggleQueen

£19.99? The site says it’s £24.99!

Anyway it looks good, it will be going on my Christmas list =)

Posted by MuggleQueen on October 28, 2008, 10:56 AM report to moderator
aridnie

ugh. i wish they would ship it outside the uk. maybe they’ll let us american fans get a chance to buy it. i’ve got my fingers crossed!

Posted by aridnie on October 28, 2008, 11:01 AM report to moderator
scottishgirl

yay something to be added to the xmas list!

Posted by scottishgirl on October 28, 2008, 12:49 PM report to moderator
Chrno

yay a new item for my b-day!! dec 16th ^ , and ill ask more potter stuff…on xmas a week later ^ hehehe

Posted by Chrno on October 28, 2008, 01:06 PM report to moderator
MuggleTonks

Why on earth not for shipment outside of US?? I know I would rather play the game with strictly UK stuff like pounds instead of dollars, weird date formats, etc. I really hope they don’t Americanize it too much. That happens enough already with the books!

Posted by MuggleTonks on October 28, 2008, 02:33 PM report to moderator
Marie

Yeah!!!! Im so gonna get that. :)

Posted by Marie on October 28, 2008, 03:04 PM report to moderator
Helios Lightra

Creepy. I saw that woman on some show on BBC America. Is this authorized?

Posted by Helios Lightra on October 28, 2008, 03:09 PM report to moderator
Louise

I love the Destination games, they’re really great fun and a HP one would be awesome! I really can’t wait!

Posted by Louise on October 28, 2008, 04:08 PM report to moderator
Shefali

Whoa! that is so expensive! isnt that like 40 US dollars?

Posted by Shefali on October 28, 2008, 04:17 PM report to moderator
Brianna

wow thats like….$31.17 in U.S dollars.

Posted by Brianna on October 28, 2008, 05:10 PM report to moderator
Shefali

Brianna—is that including tax? ;)

Posted by Shefali on October 28, 2008, 08:41 PM report to moderator
Tim

They want ship to the us yeah right everyone has their price

Posted by Tim on October 28, 2008, 08:52 PM report to moderator
Tim

will not ship to the us

Posted by Tim on October 28, 2008, 08:53 PM report to moderator
Kandy

ooooooooooooooooh I can’t wait I am going to get it this Friday YAY! (I live in the UK)

Posted by Kandy on October 29, 2008, 01:24 PM report to moderator
Kiwi Mc I

I remember her on Dragon’s Den. They laughed at her and told her the idea was rubbish. I love these kind of stories where she comes back and shows their arse up

Posted by Kiwi Mc I on November 01, 2008, 02:01 PM report to moderator

The white king took off his crown and threw it at Harry's feet. They had won. The chessmen parted and bowed, leaving the door ahead clear. With one last desperate look back at Ron, Harry and Hermione charged through the door and up the next passageway.