Halloween Edition of "The Quibbler" Now Online

Leaky
Posted by: Edward
October 27, 2008, 04:00 PM

Just in time for Halloween, the latest issue of "The Quibbler" is here containing “all the news you won’t find anywhere else.”  This issue features the most haunting news on a possible Goblin War; Ghost Attacks and Muggle cover ups; equally shocking news about Aurors, Dementors, and Gilderoy Lockhart; and much more.  In addition to this, "The Quibbler" contains a new batch of Letters from the Editor, Luna's love advice, and some Halloween themed goodies for your reading pleasure.  You can view this issue of "The Quibbler" in PDF format via this link.  All of our previous issues can be found in our Archive section.  Be sure to also check out "The Quibbler" forum on our Leaky Lounge.

To contribute to future editions of “The Quibbler,” you can email the staff at quibbler@the-leaky-cauldron.org or check out the guidelines and more right here. As always, the Quibbler is produced by our own Rudius Hagrid, Chloe, Danae, Doris, Draonsinger, Dreamteam, Evreka, Jamie, Harry’s Horntail, Abbey, Isabel, libbysmom, Lirene, Gina, Lunesta, Manaki, Mary Wandygaurd, Moose_Star, Red Scharlach, rowena r, SeverineSnape, Sevritus, and wordsaremagic.  Enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Leaky News

Ethan

I can’t wait to read it! First?

Posted by Ethan on October 27, 2008, 04:06 PM report to moderator
Confederate Lady

First, second, fifth, twenty-second….who cares? LOL That was the best Quibbler, to date! I especially liked Luna’s Column and meeting Aberforth’s Goats!
Love it, love it! Can’t wait for the Christmas Issue!!!!!

Posted by Confederate Lady on October 27, 2008, 04:30 PM report to moderator
becca

how do you read it? help or no help, im reading this stuff..

Posted by becca on October 27, 2008, 05:21 PM report to moderator
anna

this issue was great! the puzzles were so fun, especially padma’s dinner dates. :)

Posted by anna on October 27, 2008, 05:33 PM report to moderator
wordsaremagic

Hi Becca
Since I am not sure what computer system you have or what software you use, I can only give general directions.
First, you need to down the the PDF file—You can do that from this comments page where you see the words "PDF format via this link. " Put your curson on that and click.
Of course you still can’t read it unless you have a pdf reader like Acrobat (or if you are a Mac user, Preview). Fortunately these programs are free and come preinstalled on most computers. There are other pdf readers, but those are the two main ones. Some folks have pdf plugins in their web browser and can open the page right in their web browser.
We certainly hope you all enjoy this month’s edition. Xeno has been feeling a bit under the weather and some of us jumped in as volunteers. I hope we haven’t messed things up too much.

Posted by wordsaremagic on October 27, 2008, 05:38 PM report to moderator
becca

yes. but you see the thing is is that i cannot download the pdf. i was just wondering if there was anyway to just read it on the site. i am absoloutly obsessed with the harry potter movies… (and rupert grint:S) and i would really not like to miss out on this opportunity.

Posted by becca on October 27, 2008, 05:43 PM report to moderator
Ethan

Well, I didn’t mean to insult you or anything, Confederate Lady, so if I annoyed you, sorry. Just saying that your first won’t kill anyone. Oh and after I read the articles, it’s even better than I expected! Luna’s column is extremely funny!

Posted by Ethan on October 27, 2008, 05:44 PM report to moderator
becca

hello? i really need help with this. im sorry but i cant stay on the computer forever.:P

Posted by becca on October 27, 2008, 05:55 PM report to moderator
Evreka

becca, why can’t you download the pdf? What browser are you using and what kind of computer do you have? PC/Mac? It’s very hard to give help or constructive work-arounds when we don’t know this…

Posted by Evreka on October 27, 2008, 06:14 PM report to moderator
wordsaremagic

no, I am sorry becca but it is not available in html format. I would suggest that you go to www.adobe.com and download a free copy of Acrobat Reader. Beyone that, if your browser won’t download anything, I would suggest trying something like Firefox instead of Internet Explorer—if that is what you have. One of the Quibbler Staff had a problem with Explorer not downloading pdf’s and switched to Firefox.

Posted by wordsaremagic on October 27, 2008, 06:23 PM report to moderator
jkmcgonagall

Ohh!!! New issue of the Quibbler. I can’t wait to read it. Hey, when I got home today guess what I found waiting for me on my porch. My copy of Melissa’s book, Harry, A History, was delivered today. I am so excited. I can’t wait to start reading it. Unfortunately, I have a whole stack of papers to grade first. Wait a minute, I have to get my priorities straight…Harry first, then grading. Yeah!!!! It looks good Melissa.

JKMcGonagall (Kay)

Posted by jkmcgonagall on October 27, 2008, 07:19 PM report to moderator
Susan

that was my first read of the Quibbler, what a joy! Are you watching and listening, WB? The fans know what the Quibbler would say, what kind of articles it would contain! I’d like to see Luna’s column be like a “Dear Abbey” column, she would give the best, off the wall responses, that somehow always made eternal sense in the end…lol…I am giggling to myself, just thinking about them…hehehe…oh, and wouldn’t it be great if Hermione was a roving reporter, she could interview those in the “regular wizarding community” which ofcourse, Xeno would throw his spin on the results…it would be a laugh!

Posted by Susan on October 27, 2008, 09:16 PM report to moderator
wordsaremagic

The first time you’ve read a Quibbler?? Wonderful!

Welcome, Susan, to the madness. If you would like to read our earlier editions, go to http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/fun/quibbler. If you would like to make comments, contribute ideas, ask questions, or suggest puzzle solutions, go to http://www.leakylounge.com/Leaky-Quibbler-f329.html

We would love to have all of you involved in the fun.

Posted by wordsaremagic on October 27, 2008, 10:35 PM report to moderator
Confederate Lady

No offence taken, Ethan! I was more funnin’ at myself!!! Meaning, “I didn’t care WHERE I came in! It was just great!” Sorry if I sounded “short”…didn’t mean anything by it! It was brilliant! [the Quibbler, I mean!]

Posted by Confederate Lady on October 27, 2008, 11:09 PM report to moderator
becca

ooohh.. never mind guys, iv figured it out! ooohh.. and it IS really cool. lmao

Posted by becca on October 28, 2008, 03:48 PM report to moderator

"Yeah, size is no guarantee of power," said George. "Look at Ginny."[br]"What d'you mean?" said Harry.[br]"You've never been on the receiving end of one of her Bat-Bogey Hexes, have you?"