PotterCast 170: Accio Lunch!

PotterCast
Posted by: Edward
October 23, 2008, 09:50 PM

We have for you tonight the latest episode of PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast.  In the 170th edition of the show, we update you on the little redesign Leaky has seen over the past week, as well as bring you the latest news including: Emma's Flare Magazine photo spread, new Harry Potter yarn with sock patterns, new images of Potter merchandise, charitable contributions by Alan Rickman and Robbie Coltrane, and Dan Radcliffe's appearance on Inside the Actors Studio.  We also have a bit of a special announcement for the upcoming holiday season.  A new installment of Bit-by-Bit follows with Chapter Fifteen of "Deathly Hallows" and all it contains.  The second part of Sue's interview with our own Melissa regarding her upcoming book, “Harry, A History,” is next on the show.  This part of the interview features a discussion on the various legal situations in the fandom, the many people Melissa interviewed for her book, wizard rock, and so much more.  Finally, we wrap up with talk of Melissa's first book signing at the Borders at Columbus Circle in New York City, the PotterCasters Vlog, and some doodles from Frak.  To listen, just hit the "Play" button on the right side of the page (->), or use iTunes, or direct download.

“Accio Lunch!”

- New Leaky website design problems will be fixed soon.
- New HP products.
- Dumbledore's thick woolen socks and Harry Potter Yarn!
- Kryptonite cave.
- LotR?
- Melissa speaks more about her book, “Harry, A History.”
- PotterCast vlogs!

RT: 79:16

Producer: John Noe

Editing: Stede Bonnett, Andrew Garner

LeakyCon 2009: A Harry Potter Conference in Boston
“Harry, A History” Website
Podcast Alley
Digg

Direct download (36 MB).
Direct download low-bandwidth (9 MB).

Remember you don't need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent PotterCast News

danielle m.

yay!! i’m so happy!!!! can’t wait to listen….i’m running to get my ipod now :)

Posted by danielle m. on October 24, 2008, 02:06 AM report to moderator
Andrew

WOOOOOOOWHOOOOOOO!!!! YEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!
CAN NOT WAIT TO LISTEN TO WHAT I’ M SURE WILL BE A FANTASTIC SHOW!!!
THANKS ALOT POTTERCAST. DOING JUST AS DANIELLE IS…LOL

Posted by Andrew on October 24, 2008, 02:46 AM report to moderator
LoonyLovegood

YAHOOOOO! ITS OUTCANT WAIT @ LISTEN

Posted by LoonyLovegood on October 24, 2008, 03:19 AM report to moderator
RobynHinkypunk

thank dumbledore! its finally here! i thought i would die soon if i didn’t get my weekly pottercast fix. i hope everything with sue and her family is ok. love you all and wishing you “peace and love and happiness in everything you do. i pray that everywhere you go someone will be in love with you” as the mudbloods would say.

Posted by RobynHinkypunk on October 24, 2008, 03:26 AM report to moderator
coco

i cant wait for the socks!!!!! i love pottercast! yes something to take my mind of homework tonight!

Posted by coco on October 24, 2008, 03:57 AM report to moderator
Gryffindor

Yay!!!! Antoher one! Im goign to listen to it right now lol I cant go to bed b4 listen to you!!!!!

Posted by Gryffindor on October 24, 2008, 05:21 AM report to moderator
Sophie

Yay! <3 I wake up on my birthday and what do I find? A PotterCast present waiting for me! :D (although you posted it the day before xD hehe)
THANK YOU POTTERCAST!! <3

Posted by Sophie on October 24, 2008, 06:22 AM report to moderator
Sam Harris

LOVED the episode!!! You guys are the best!! And I loved the How I Met Your Mother refrence!

Posted by Sam Harris on October 24, 2008, 09:30 PM report to moderator
Kittie

Is the slightly new look of the comments the first part of the new Leaky layout change they mentioned? I wonder if we will ever get the quiz section back. :( I haven’t been able to access quizzes for over a year. And never got back my “DH predictions quiz”. Ah well that was random I thought of that now after a year and a half, but I did. :D

Posted by Kittie on October 25, 2008, 12:06 AM report to moderator
moew

ummmm…..i cant listen to pottercast for some reason i click on play and it doesnt load.

Posted by moew on October 25, 2008, 12:44 AM report to moderator
anon

SPINS HARRY A HISTORY

wheeeeee!

Posted by anon on October 25, 2008, 05:17 AM report to moderator
Dave Juson

Nothing happens!

Posted by Dave Juson on October 25, 2008, 12:32 PM report to moderator
Jeannine

So glad to see the PotterCast up,I wait for it every week with great antisipation! Thank you ,,,,,,,,,Melissa, I was curious about your comments about Zak Efron’s age and him being too old to portray the lead role in Equus…btw I am not a fan of his at all and also found it a bit laughable the rumor he was being considered for the role,,,,having said that I would like to say he really isn’t too old to portray the character as Alan is a 17 year old and Efron has JUST barely turned 21 two weeks ago really isn’t too old to portray him……Peter Firth who portrayed Alan Strang in the film was 24 …..Melissa, I wondered if you also think Dan and Rupert …who will be 19,20Dan and 20.21Rupert ….if you think they will also be too old to portray 17 year old Harry and Ron in the last two films…….I do NOT think they will be
,,,,,,,Thanks for another great PotterCast!!

Posted by Jeannine on October 25, 2008, 12:41 PM report to moderator
Erin

I can’t get pottercast to play!

Posted by Erin on October 25, 2008, 03:20 PM report to moderator
Lily

I know this is a little of topic but anyone know when the HBP Day-to Day Calender is comig out. thanks for any help

Posted by Lily on October 25, 2008, 04:21 PM report to moderator

"Harry Potter!" she squealed. "Look, Mom! I can see --"[br] "Be quiet, Ginny, and it's rude to point."