Rumor Alert: Hogwarts, the Ride and More on the Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Rumor
October 22, 2008, 07:10 PM

Several rumor alerts tonight regarding the upcoming Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park attraction under construction at Universal Orlando. Screamscape is reporting that the giant castle of Hogwarts will not only serve as the center of the park, but will also be home to a "big new ride [that] will be placed inside the massive Hogwarts castle that is currently under construction." The report also continues to say "Once the ride portion of the castle is finished and walled in, they will begin to move in the pieces and build it up away from prying eyes until they are ready to make the big announcement. As for Hogwarts itself… if the rumors are true this thing will grow and grow. According to one source the massive castle structure will top out somewhere over the 200 foot mark, making it bigger than the castle at the Magic Kingdom (189 ft)."

Also a second piece of news involves a potential Harry Potter show to take place at the theme park. Screamscape states that "one of the Hollywood casting sheets has posted a rather interesting casting choice looking for a SAG actor for a “Project Strongarm” shoot for a “Theme Park Attraction”. The shoot will only last 1 day in mid November, but they’re looking to shoot a British professor role (Male 50s – 70s) who will be “A friendly, welcoming professor who greets new students enthusiastically. This character appears as one element of a Harry Potter theme park attraction.” This also follows a report they have that the current Sinbad show will evolve into a Harry Potter show. Readers will recall that back in March, we at TLC had a report regarding casting beginning for "all the major parts for the characters in the books,” in addition to others such as “a wand instructor for the kids. They basically show kids how to do wand magic tricks.” Others “will be traveling actors through the park playing the parts of wizards that come together in duels. They have specific spots in the park that this happens for special effects. For example, one wizard throws a spell at the other, the other reacts, does stunts and the places around, or behind them, bursts into flames or there is an explosion.”

As exciting as all of this sounds, please keep all of this very much in the rumor category for now. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park is set to open in 2010. Thanks to UHP for mailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Rumor News

Joanna

In a way I think it’s a shame the park isn’t being built in England as it IS Harry’s home, but of course we don’t really have the room or, I suspect, the money! I’m going to have to get rich quick if I want to go all the way to the States for this…. :(

Posted by Joanna on October 23, 2008, 04:50 PM report to moderator
Gerard

Like always, only the Americans are benefitted. If the park works well they could make the European version like Disney made. Don’t forget that Harry Potter is totally English! And though I’m from Spain its very easy to go to any European country than a flight to Florida with hours and hours in a plane, you know.

Posted by Gerard on October 23, 2008, 05:59 PM report to moderator
Michele

I live in Florida and I can’t wait until this opens. I have never gone over to the universal park-I usually go to Disney with my niece who is six but I now will go over to Universal for this. Plus Florida resident discount tickets are a plus. :)

On a side note. Did anyone else get an e-mail from Amazon saying they shipped Harry a History yesterday? I tracked my order and it should arrive on Monday. It has not travel far yet just going from FORT WAYNE IN to INDIANAPOLIS IN but it is on the way. :)

Posted by Michele on October 23, 2008, 06:48 PM report to moderator
Linny

Ahh! Exciting! :D

Posted by Linny on October 23, 2008, 08:15 PM report to moderator
corkypygmypuff

eep! i can not wait! but ya, deffinally go in the winter cuz summers here r misrable. better yet go in fall..

Posted by corkypygmypuff on October 23, 2008, 09:47 PM report to moderator
Moody One

I really do feel for the people in England that have to fly over here and spend hours on a plane. But I am grateful that we do have it here in the US. I have a 10 and half hour trip from WV. But I’m not complaining. I can’t wait!!!

Posted by Moody One on October 24, 2008, 12:52 AM report to moderator
Kevin

perfection….

Posted by Kevin on October 24, 2008, 12:59 AM report to moderator
Jessie

John Noe, if this rumor is true, you will have been right once again.

Posted by Jessie on October 24, 2008, 12:35 PM report to moderator
Kate

Sounds great – I’m so glad I can get to Orlando for free with work. :)

Posted by Kate on October 24, 2008, 06:32 PM report to moderator
Joey

I do hope that the castle is big enough to accommidate the huge crowd expected at the park, the bigger the better.

Posted by Joey on October 24, 2008, 06:59 PM report to moderator
Saturn

ZOMG SO COOL!

Posted by Saturn on October 24, 2008, 07:17 PM report to moderator
Faith

Don’t mean to sound like a killjoy, but I think it is TOTALLY unfair that America is to get this theme park – it should be built in England for heaven’s sake! Building Harry Potter world in America is the equivalent of the first ever Disneyland being built in London. Harry is an English creation and we should get the theme park!! (And I mean no disrespect to the US fans of course)

Posted by Faith on October 24, 2008, 09:40 PM report to moderator
Robert

I want to see a ride inside Gringott’s, a runaway vault cart with a dragon and everything!

Posted by Robert on October 24, 2008, 09:46 PM report to moderator
Amanda

I agree with you on that point Faith, but then you have to wonder why the English never jumped up to do it before the U.S. did. It’s not like people take claims on who gets to do what just because something originated in their country. It was an idea started in America and they just followed through with it with Rowling’s permission

Posted by Amanda on October 24, 2008, 10:43 PM report to moderator
courtneyyy

2010 is sooo farrr awayyy… & so is orlando. :(

Posted by courtneyyy on October 25, 2008, 02:25 AM report to moderator

"The Inquisitorial Squad, Granger," said Malfoy, pointing toward a tiny silver I upon his robes just beneath his prefect's badge. "A select group of students who are supportive of the Ministry of Magic, handpicked by Professor Umbridge. Anyway, members of

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014