Movie Magic Magazine Feature on Future of Harry Potter Films

Movies
Posted by: Edward
January 16, 2008, 11:21 PM

Movie Magic Magazine, on newsstands and in bookstores now, talks of the last three Harry Potter films, “Order of the Phoenix, “Half-Blood Prince,” and “Deathly Hallows” in a multiple page spread in their January 2008 issue. Featuring scores of previously released photos from the “Order of the Phoenix” filming, the magazine contains interviews with Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley), Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), and Harry Potter author J. K. Rowling. In the interview with Dan Radcliffe, he speaks briefly of returning to the set after a filming break while Rupert, in his interview, speaks of the romantic turn taking place between his character and Hermione Granger. On that subject, he says:

“Filming a kiss scene or a love scene, that would be awkward, I think. I imagine the first time we do it, we might just burst into laughter, because of course we’re friends, and it’s just going to be strange at first. Of course, with movies, you have to film things over and over again, so eventually we’ll get it right, but the first time, if we have to kiss, it’s just going to be awkward as anything. Still, I think I’d like Ron’s kiss to be very enthusiastic. Harry’s first kiss was very nice, but I think Ron is going to be very enthusiastic about finally kissing Hermione.”

In addition to a look at the making of the fifth film, this magazine features Director David Yates and Producer David Heyman discussing beginning work on the sixth film, “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.” Photos and reports, we first brought you back in October, showing some of the first of the on-location filming of “Half-Blood Prince” in Lacock, England, were also included in this extended feature on the Harry Potter movies.

You can see a number of scans from this issue and read snippets of the articles here in our Image Galleries thanks to Magical-Menagerie.

Thanks Megan!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Laura
Posted by Laura on January 17, 2008, 10:54 AM report to moderator
matea
Posted by matea on January 17, 2008, 11:37 AM report to moderator
CarolynJ
Posted by CarolynJ on January 17, 2008, 11:37 AM report to moderator
Mary-Elisabeth the 3rd of High New Winkleston
Posted by Mary-Elisabeth the 3rd of High New Winkleston on January 17, 2008, 11:47 AM report to moderator
Fer_keeper
Posted by Fer_keeper on January 17, 2008, 01:41 PM report to moderator
Julia
Posted by Julia on January 17, 2008, 10:55 PM report to moderator
khay
Posted by khay on January 19, 2008, 11:22 AM report to moderator
Amanda_Potter
Posted by Amanda_Potter on January 20, 2008, 03:53 AM report to moderator
Mandy
Posted by Mandy on January 26, 2008, 12:44 AM report to moderator
diana sprenger

how can i get the magazine movie magic

Posted by diana sprenger on October 21, 2008, 07:15 PM report to moderator
Affy-Ann

I’m really excited for Ron and Hermione! =D

I love Movie Magic magazine. <3 I love Harry Potter!!! <3

Posted by Affy-Ann on December 23, 2008, 09:48 PM report to moderator
hpfan101

OMG I CAN’T WAIT!!!!!! it is going to be soooo sweet! <3 <3 <3

Posted by hpfan101 on January 23, 2009, 04:50 PM report to moderator

"As I sat here, absorbed in my needlework, the urge to consult the orb overpowered me. I arose, I settled myself before it, and gazed into its crystalline depths... and what do you think I saw gazing back at me?"[br]"An ugly old bat in outsize specs?" Ron