Alfonso Cuaron "Really Tempted" by "Deathly Hallows" Film

Movies
July 29, 2007, 07:59 PM

Rotten Tomatoes UK recently caught up with Prisoner of Azkaban director Alfonso Cuaron and spoke to him about his feelings on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, and asked the director if he had any interest in returning to direct the film of the last Harry Potter book. Saying he has just begun reading “Deathly Hallows”, Alfonso Cuaron gave the following answer about his feelings if he were to be offered a directing position for the film adaptation of the book:

“You know, it was such a great opportunity and such a beautiful two years and everything around Harry Potter – JK Rowling’s creation – is enveloped in this really beneficial energy. I got the benefits of that energy for those two years. So yes I’d be very tempted to do so even though, at this point, I feel a little bit like I have to try to do the films that are not going to exist without me. On the same token, I would be really tempted because it was really beautiful. I just started reading the last book and something I respect is the care the producers have put in the film franchise. It would have been so easy after the success of the series just to take the cynical approach of knowing that no matter what people are going to see those movies. Actually they’ve been taking a lot of care from beginning to end, so yeah I would be really tempted.”

Thanks much to Joe from RottenTomatoes!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

lisa
Posted by lisa on July 31, 2007, 03:11 PM report to moderator
Dumblemort
Posted by Dumblemort on July 31, 2007, 04:40 PM report to moderator
fame_is_not_everything
Posted by fame_is_not_everything on July 31, 2007, 05:57 PM report to moderator
Jonathan
Posted by Jonathan on July 31, 2007, 09:06 PM report to moderator
RIP Fred
Posted by RIP Fred on August 01, 2007, 04:06 AM report to moderator
Hector from california in USA(big fan of HP)
Posted by Hector from california in USA(big fan of HP) on August 01, 2007, 05:23 AM report to moderator
canis sapiens
Brian
Posted by Brian on August 01, 2007, 03:30 PM report to moderator
Emerika
Posted by Emerika on August 01, 2007, 03:43 PM report to moderator
muriel
Posted by muriel on August 01, 2007, 11:02 PM report to moderator

"It is a long time since my last visit," said Dumbledore, peering down his crooked nose at Uncle Vernon. "I must say, your agapanthus are flourishing."

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014