J.K. Rowling to Sign Copies of "Deathly Hallows" in London July 21

J.K. Rowling
May 23, 2007, 07:29 AM

J.K. Rowling has updated her website with news regarding a book signing for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows on July 21. Our favorite author has announced a new contest for fans to attend this moonlight signing of copies of the last Harry Potter book the night of the release where she will also read from the novel. Jo writes:

On July 21st 2007, I shall be doing a mammoth signing through the night! 1700 Harry Potter fans will have the opportunity of having their copy of ‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows’ signed by me at the Natural History Museum in London. They will receive a free copy of the seventh Harry Potter book, courtesy of Bloomsbury, my UK publishers. 500 of these fans will also be randomly selected to hear me read from the book at midnight.

To receive tickets for this event, you will need to enter a ballot via the following websites: bloomsbury.com (for UK and Ireland residents) and scholastic.com (for the US). Other English-speaking publishers may also be allotted tickets; keep an eye on their websites.

It has been a long time since I’ve done a signing and had the chance to speak to readers individually, so I’m delighted that we are launching the book in this way. It will be wonderful for me to get the chance to speak to people who have already read a few chapters while in the queue!

Good luck if you’re applying for tickets, and if you’re successful, I’ll see you shortly after midnight on July 21st!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Eva Hedwig
Posted by Eva Hedwig on June 13, 2007, 07:58 PM report to moderator
Remus Lonno
Posted by Remus Lonno on June 13, 2007, 07:58 PM report to moderator
341 meeting
Posted by 341 meeting on June 26, 2008, 01:20 PM report to moderator

"If you must know, when I was three, Fred turned my -- my teddy bear into a great big filthy spider because I broke his toy broomstick.... You wouldn't like them either if you'd been holding your bear and suddenly it had too many legs and..."[br]He broke