Second Harry Potter Generation Information Revealed:New Clip from J.K Rowling Documentary

JKR Interviews
December 29, 2007, 12:15 AM

We have a great way to cap off this extraordinary year with a bang, as there is a brand new clip from the upcoming J.K. Rowling documentary where the Harry Potter author provides new information about the second generation of Hogwarts students as contained in the epilogue of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. In this video which you can view here via our galleries, Jo clearly draws out the family tree of some familiar characters, answering long awaited questions from many fans about the family lives of some beloved surviving characters in the final Harry Potter novel(spoiler caution to those who have not finished Deathly Hallows).You can see the handwritten tree from JRK here in our image galleries

(Update: Thanks to TLC reader Bel we know the family tree is also now on JKRowling.com behind the door in her study.Please note Jo has added a new portion for Draco Malfoy) . JKR says of her need to have the series planned out with this much detail, noting “I can’t help it,” says Jo. “You know what it was like, it was like running a race, and you get to the finishing line and you’re running too fast to stop, so I do know what happened afterwards and I couldn’t stop my imagination doing that. So I know this sounds an awful lot of detail to go into for your own satisfaction and not because you’re planning to write more books, but that’s just how it was I couldn’t stop, I had to know – I had to know what happened next.”

Jo is asked in the video clip if this whole new generation of characters means additional Hogwarts books could be written, however Jo puts an end to this saying no. JKR replied: “Yeah,…don’t, don’t, don’t, it can’t be. I think no, it’s time to stop, it’s time to stop now. It gives me a certain satisfaction to say what I thought happened and to tell other people that, because I would like my version to be the official version still, even though I’ve not written it in a book, because it’s my world.” JK Rowling...A Year in the Life will be broadcast on UK channel ITV1 December 30 at 7pm

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent JKR Interviews News

fleeber
Posted by fleeber on December 30, 2007, 02:45 AM report to moderator
Averyfan
Posted by Averyfan on December 30, 2007, 06:46 AM report to moderator
Averyfan
Posted by Averyfan on December 30, 2007, 06:46 AM report to moderator
Harryissorealistic!
Posted by Harryissorealistic! on December 30, 2007, 06:51 AM report to moderator
kazzie
BonnieRadcliffe
Posted by BonnieRadcliffe on December 30, 2007, 05:19 PM report to moderator
BonnieRadcliffe
Posted by BonnieRadcliffe on December 30, 2007, 05:28 PM report to moderator
Cobbles
Posted by Cobbles on December 30, 2007, 07:47 PM report to moderator

"Homework -- compose a poem about my defeat of the Wagga Wagga Werewolf! Signed copies of [i]Magical Me[/i] to the author of the best one!"