New Role for Robert Pattinson in "Twilight" Film

Pattinson
Posted by: Edward
December 11, 2007, 10:07 PM

Robert Pattinson, who portrayed the character of Cedric Diggory in the “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire” film has been cast in a new role for the film adaptation of the first book in Stephenie Meyer’s series, “Twilight.” It was announced today via a press release on the author’s site (PDF download here) that Mr. Pattinson will be taking on the role of Edward Cullen in the upcoming film. Stephenie Meyer is quoted on her website as saying of this casting announcement:

I am ecstatic with Summit’s choice for Edward. There are very few actors who can look both dangerous and beautiful at the same time, and even fewer who I can picture in my head as Edward. Robert Pattinson is going to be amazing.

The press release also quotes Summit Entertainment’s President of Production Erik Feig who speaks on the casting of such a unique and popular character by saying:

“It’s always a challenge to find the right actor for a part that has lived so vividly in the imaginations of readers but we took the responsibility seriously and are confident, with Rob Pattinson, that we have found the perfect Edward for our Bella in TWILIGHT.”

The film is set to begin production in February 2008 with Kristin Stewart (“Panic Room”) taking on the aforementioned role of Bella Swan. You can find the first novel of the series, “Twilight,” in our own Cauldron Shop along with its next two chapters “New Moon” and “Eclipse.”

Thanks to Tempest and Candace for mailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Pattinson News

Ophelia
Posted by Ophelia on January 09, 2008, 01:51 PM report to moderator
Sav

I totally think that James Franco should be Edward.
I think this is a good picture of what I think Edward might look like… just a suggestion!

Posted by Sav on November 08, 2008, 07:59 PM report to moderator
Britney

I think he is a bad choose for Edward. Not what i pictured in my head, but everyone has different taste but i dont think Robert Pattinson is attractive enough to be Edward who in the book is compared to gods by bella. Sorry hope it doesnt ruin the movie for me :(

Posted by Britney on November 14, 2008, 07:01 PM report to moderator
justin

justin

Posted by justin on November 28, 2008, 12:29 AM report to moderator
justin

com so

Posted by justin on November 28, 2008, 12:31 AM report to moderator
duygu

i love robert pattinson very much , its really hot really really really hotttt :o

Posted by duygu on December 27, 2008, 10:14 AM report to moderator
willow

I love Twilight!!
Robert looks like an Edward and he iis petty hot and sexy though, so they got that part right :-)
I’m a really big fan of Robert pattinson and i love the twilight books! ;-)

Posted by willow on December 29, 2008, 12:49 AM report to moderator
willow

I love Twilight so much, and i can’t get over the movie. Its mt fav movie eva. And its a love story not just about Vampires, so i really like the whole story/movie. And how people think Edward is a bad choose, well i think its a really good name for the movie.. can’t wait for New Moon comes out, i think it will be good, but the first movie will alway be the best:-) Robert was made for that movie!!! :-)*

Posted by willow on December 29, 2008, 01:32 AM report to moderator
Miranda

I think Edward is AAmmazzing i love him i think the movie has a chance its the best movie ever i loved it so much!!! Twilight is the best book all of them are Robert is so HOT

Posted by Miranda on January 12, 2009, 11:53 AM report to moderator
Miranda

I cant wait for New Moon comes out i have it marked on my calender! Edward is so HOTTTAY WITH A NICE BODAY oh yeah i loved that movie a lot

Posted by Miranda on January 12, 2009, 11:55 AM report to moderator
lea

EDWARD ROCKS, HE IS SO CUTE.

Posted by lea on January 14, 2009, 08:41 AM report to moderator
charlotte

i like twilight <3
it’s the best movie ever :)
robert ( edward cullen) he is best. .

Posted by charlotte on January 29, 2009, 02:18 PM report to moderator

"I thought [the egg] sounded a bit like Percy singing... maybe you've got to attack him while he's in the shower, Harry."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014