New Pet for JKR No Mere Padfoot

J.K. Rowling
October 08, 2007, 10:41 PM

There is a new addition to the Murray family to tell you about tonight, as author J.K. Rowling has now adopted a four year old former race dog. The Herald reports that Jo and her family visited the Greyhound Rescue Fife agency in Scotland, and chose the female dog, making a generous donation to the business in the process. The owner of the agency said:

It was only when she asked for a £30 donation to Greyhound Rescue Fife, which the 61-year-old runs with her husband, Jimmy, near Kirkcaldy, that she realised she had been dealing with the world’s most famous children’s author.

At the bottom of a cheque for £1000 was the signature millions of Harry Potter fans would die for. “When I looked at the cheque I couldn’t believe it. The first thing I noticed was the amount she had made it out for,” Mrs Fernie said yesterday.

“Then I spotted her name and realised who it was. I just said Oh, I didn’t recognise you,’ and she just smiled politely. She was a lovely woman – the whole family were very nice.”

The new member of the family, named Sapphire (no word if she is a Ravenclaw ;) joins their other pet, a Jack Russell named Butch, at the Murray home in Edinburgh, Scotland. The owner of the dog rescue center said that she “always ask a person a bit about their lifestyle – what size their house is, do they have a garden and quite importantly does it have a wall at least 6ft high, because I would hate for the dog to get out and run off,” Mrs Fernie recalled…I could see Sapphire was going to a good home. Now I know just how good,” she said.”

You can see photos of JKR and her new addition, here in our galleries courtesy of Greyhound Rescue. Congratulations Jo and family!

Thanks to HPANA.

Shir
Posted by Shir on October 10, 2007, 12:55 PM report to moderator
Matt
Posted by Matt on October 14, 2007, 04:01 AM report to moderator
Snape's Mistress
Posted by Snape's Mistress on October 16, 2007, 08:55 PM report to moderator

[Professor Tofty] leaned forward a little.[br]"I heard, from my dear friend Tiberius Ogden, that you can produce a Patronus? For a bonus point...?"[br]Harry raised his wand, looked directly at Umbridge, and imagined her being sacked.[br][i]"Expecto Patron