Scholastic Announces Contest WinnersBooks
June 11, 2003, 09:58 AM
The winners are in and 10 lucky teens will be travelling to England to hear J.K. Rowling live at the Royal Albert Hall.
- David Dawson, 14, St. Petersburg, Fla. - To acquire the power of mending a broken heart due to his mother's passing.
- Daniel Boyce, 8, Camarillo, Calif. - To cure autism, which his sister has.
- Angela Wyse, 14, Tecumseh, Mich. - To learn Memory Charms to avoid embarrasing situations.
- Brittany Hawkrigg, 16, Bohemia, N.Y. - To learn healing to help those who need it, including her father.
- Nancy Chen, 14, Tulsa - To use the Rictusempra and Tarantallegra Spells to help the world take themselves less seriously.li>
- Thomas Pardee, 15, Modesto, Calif. - The summoning charm for laziness.
- Marty Cain, 12, Marlboro, Vt. - EVOLOUTIO REPARO (Repair Reading) to let his older brother read.
- Emily Grayson, 8, Brownsburg, Ind. - To make the polyjuice potion to learn about what it's like to literally walk in someone else's shoes.
- Louisa George, 11, Rexburg, Idaho - To find the true magic within herself.
- Sudipta Bandyopadhyay, 16, Somerset, N.J. - To cure a dying heart.