First Lady a Harry Potter Fan

Misc
Posted by: Kristin
December 05, 2003, 05:14 PM

Laura Bush has included Harry Potter in her Christmas decorating at the White House:
Good Morning America:

MRS. BUSH: The theme this year is a Season of Stories. Of course, as an old librarian and a lifelong reader, it was really fun to choose my favorite books. On the mantels we have Harry Potter. On the dining room table, we have Alice in Wonderland.

The Today Show:

Q:I understand this year you've chosen an interesting theme, Season of Stories, which is a theme I'm sure near and dear to your heart as a former librarian.

MRS. BUSH: That's right, as an old librarian and longtime -- life long reader. It's been really fun. I picked books that I particularly loved, Nancy Drew and my newest favorite, Harry Potter, who's back here over my shoulder.

Q Oh, cool.

MRS. BUSH: I read all the Harry Potter books, all five of them, this summer and it was like finding a great mystery writer and having that whole body of work to read at once. I really loved them.

Thanks to all of the TLC readers who sent in links!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Misc News

Phoenix_thumb

she like HP?

Posted by Pottercastfan ∞∆ROAR!∆∞ on May 02, 2009, 07:50 PM report to moderator
Phoenix_thumb

this is from so LONG AGO!!!!!

Posted by Pottercastfan ∞∆ROAR!∆∞ on May 02, 2009, 07:55 PM report to moderator
Phoenix_thumb

I wonder if Michelle Obama likes Harry as well!

Posted by Pottercastfan ∞∆ROAR!∆∞ on May 02, 2009, 07:58 PM report to moderator
Phoenix_thumb

that would be cool!

Posted by Pottercastfan ∞∆ROAR!∆∞ on May 02, 2009, 08:00 PM report to moderator
Phoenix_thumb

if only, if only

Posted by Pottercastfan ∞∆ROAR!∆∞ on May 02, 2009, 08:02 PM report to moderator
Phoenix_thumb

someone should go ask her!

Posted by Pottercastfan ∞∆ROAR!∆∞ on May 02, 2009, 08:11 PM report to moderator
Phoenix_thumb

she might be a Twilight fan!

Posted by Pottercastfan ∞∆ROAR!∆∞ on May 02, 2009, 08:16 PM report to moderator
Phoenix_thumb

I hope not!

Posted by Pottercastfan ∞∆ROAR!∆∞ on May 02, 2009, 08:18 PM report to moderator
Phoenix_thumb

how come I am the only one posting here?

Posted by Pottercastfan ∞∆ROAR!∆∞ on May 02, 2009, 08:21 PM report to moderator
Phoenix_thumb

hardly anyone are posting on the old news

Posted by Pottercastfan ∞∆ROAR!∆∞ on May 02, 2009, 08:26 PM report to moderator
Phoenix_thumb

hardly anyone are posting on the old news

Posted by Pottercastfan ∞∆ROAR!∆∞ on May 02, 2009, 08:27 PM report to moderator

...she looked directly at Harry and Ron and said grimly, "I've become accustomed to seeing the Quidditch Cup in my study, boys, and I don't really want to have to hand it over to Professor Snape, so use the extra time to practice, won't you?"